Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Eighteen Month Check-Up

Calvin is a year and a half old, I can't believe it.

Most noticeable about this stage: there are constant changes. From his speech to his confidence, my baby is turning into an inquisitive little boy with each passing day! I think my posts reflect these changes. They're less contemplative and more of a recitation of Calvin's latest antics. Gone are the quiet reflections of a peaceful baby.

Still, even as his independence challenges my authority (and serenity!), I wouldn't change a thing. I love the little boy who greets me each morning with an excited "Mommy!", who repeats every phrase searching for his own words, and creates his own games with animals, dances, and songs.

I have found myself digging my heals in about one area of growth: clothing. True to form, as Calvin approaches 18 months, he's ready for 24 month clothing. Looking for a few shirts to finish out the summer, I found mostly 2T options. Now, I know that 24 months and 2T are roughly the same size, but I couldn't bring myself to buy them. Figure I'll hold on to the baby sizes as long as I can. There's plenty of time for toddler clothing, and everything else.

Oh, and for the record:

Height: 33 1/2 inches (80%)
Weight: 27 pounds (60%)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I better see him again, before i don't recognize him!