Monday, August 27, 2007

Yard Work = Play Time

Do you recall the last time I attempted yard work with Calvin? It's been memorialized in a blog entitled something like, "The Day Calvin Tried to Kill Himself". While Eric and I worked, Calvin triumphantly climbed the front steps and toppled back down them time and time again. But since he can now manage the stairs like a pro, I thought it safe to return to the great outdoors without me always at his side.

And I was (more or less) right, though he was still drawn to the front steps. This time, after chasing Jake (the cat) around the yard, Jake escaped under the steps; Cal saw no reason to call off the hunt, he followed right behind crawling under the steps.
They went in on one side and came out the other. And not just once. In typical one-year-old style, they went 'round and 'round.

He did stop running around long enough to help me pile my tree trimmings. And I took a break from working long enough to push the little guy on his swing. Then Calvin took a break from swinging to lie on top of Jake.

See how well we work together? http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AYtHDlu4btmHf&emid=sharshar&linkid=link2

3 comments:

Esther said...

Oh, what priceless times!! And your pix capture Cal's curiosity, intelligence and joy so well. Good for you, Mommy, to not let a little dirt or spider webs keep a kid entirely from the free fun in nature. Good balance, too: his plans, your plans, and something for you both. And tell Jake Grandma thinks he's becoming quite the good big brother!!

Lindahl News 2 said...

One word to describe my response:
melt.

That Cal can melt my heart further with every adventure!

nardz16 said...

he's like a little eric in these pictures!