Saturday, August 18, 2007

Active Duty

It was bound to happen. When one's profession is to plan educational programs in Door County, before long, said person will be called into active duty, required to step up and work!

I have fabulous Group Leaders who, imagine this, lead the group through the week-long programs I've planned. They're fully capable, entirely reliable, and exactly the kind of people you would fully trust as if your job depended on them. But even perfect people get sick. So when my Group Leader took ill at the last minute, it only made sense for me to take the reins.

With neither Grandma available to join Calvin and me for the week in Door County, Calvin's (fully capable, entirely reliable, and exactly the person you'd trust as if your child's life depended on it) father eagerly stepped up. He took some time off work and the two of them set off for Galena. (Two handsome Anderson guys would have distracted me from 12-hour days.)

This father and son week lent itself to a morning at the water park, walks along the river, and lots of playtime with Dad's old childhood toys. (for which there is no proof, as I had the camera with me!) They did great.

I had a terrific week, too, but was happy for our daily phone check-ins and even happier to return home to my guys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like time well-spent for all. dad/son time is much needed, and i'm glad there was a chance for it!