Friday, May 04, 2007

Hilton Head, part IV: Grammy and Papa


A trip to the ocean is hard to pass up under any circumstances, but we worked hard to make this one possible. Why? Because this trip provided time for Grammy and Papa to spend some undivided time with their only grandson.

We are fortunate to live within a plausible driving distance from Calvin's grandparents, but the busyness of life keeps us from connecting as often as we'd like. A week together is a step in the right direction.

They played in the pool and at the beach, they explored the island by bike and toured Savannah by way of boat. Papa taught Calvin "cheers!" and observed Calvin's messy eating habits with humor and horror.

Grammy was there for all of these things too. In fact, she had Calvin all to herself while the guys golfed, but was always behind the camera -- not one picture of her from the whole week!

The week together worked; Calvin returned with "Papa" on his lips and hugs for both grandparents when he's seen them since.
For more pictures from the trip, click here: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AYtHDlu4btmGK

2 comments:

Lindahl News 2 said...

You know I am biased, but I think you have just about the best in-laws, Cherith! Leaving Cal with them (and Eric) was the best treat ever for all involved parties.

I learned so much from Diann about being a mother myself, and you are truly blessed to have her around.
If ONE DAY I can be blessed to be a grandma, and if I am HALF as good a Grammy as she is, then all will be well with the world!

And, how did you like the 2nd installment of the Cal scrapbook?
I enjoyed it thoroughly myself!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Cal and Papa on the beach chairs - lead by example!