Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Apple Barn

I attended my first MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) meeting this week. MOPS "helps moms through relationships established in the context of local groups that provide a caring atmosphere for today's mother of young children". In short, it's a place to connect with others like me.

Still, after nearly eight months of motherhood, it's strange to think that I "qualify" for attendance at such a gathering. Nevertheless, they didn't kick me out, and I did meet some women.

And the results were immediate. Before leaving, Cal and I were invited to the Apple Barn, a local orchard. Nevermind that the invitation came from a gal from church whom I've known for years ... this was our first social outing.

We had a great time. It was sunny and 70 degrees and the apples were delicious. Cal tasted quite a few, to be sure.

1 comment:

Marina said...

I can't believe how much hair he has! Compared to Calvin, Elijah is still in the "bold is beautiful" camp.