Saturday, May 13, 2006

Mother's Day

A year ago I was pregnant, but didn't yet know it. I recall wishing that I was part of the lucky crowd being celebrated. It's amazing how much can change in a year.

Ironically, I don't feel worthy of being honored this year, either; it feels like I haven't earned my stripes yet. The arguments over household chores and body piercing are yet to come.

Nevertheless, today I have a good excuse to snuggle with Calvin. It's a day to say thanks for my son. Afterall, without him, this would just be a Sunday like any other.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture of the two of you!! Happy Mother's Day Cherith you have earned it!
Corin

Esther said...

You ARE an official (and wonderful) mother and this picture proves it. Other feelings will come later, but you'll never forget these first awesome days - never!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day my dear friend. I miss you! -jess