Monday, July 28, 2008

Dog Days of Summer

As we all adjust to life with a new baby, I have been intentional about finding a fun activity for just Calvin and me to enjoy. Nora's nap time provides a perfect opportunity.

While Nora slept, Calvin and I washed the balls for his play house. Filling the bath tub, we dumped them in and sloshed them around until they were clean. Fun. So fun, in fact, that Calvin couldn't resist jumping in. I mean, balls AND water? That's the perfect combination!

We drained the germy water and refilled the tub for the boy to play. I wondered whether he'd ever get out.
Nothing says Summertime (to me) like homemade orange juice popsicles. Cal and I mixed up some OJ and poured them into the cups, took a nap, and returned to the freezer to find our refreshing afternoon snack waiting to be enjoyed.

We took them to the back steps where we could let the juice run down our arms as it pleased. The best part? We got to eat another one when Daddy came home from work!!
We even packed some in a cooler and walked them to our friends' (the E-Bs) house.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

It looks like he's having a great time with Mommy. :) I like the balls in the bathtub pic.

Critter said...

yeah you're back;)

Cal is looking so much older!!

Lindahl News 2 said...

Love the pic of Cal in the cool sunglasses. Please give him a great big hug from Georgia Deb!

You melted my heart with the comment on the Oct. 30 blog...