Wednesday, July 02, 2008

A Big Brother is Born

Calvin was the first on the scene when Nora was born.

He woke up to Grammy and Papa at his house and the three made their way to the hospital lickety-split.

A wide-eyed boy entered our room and climbed into the bed with Nora and me. Taking note of the baby in my arms, he turned his attention to the subtle details, like my hospital gown and Nora's oxygen tube.

But he soon found Nora's eyes and her nose, and it wasn't long before he wanted to take an active role in caring for his sister. "I want to hold my baby in my arms", he said.

He settled in next to me and held out his arms. Handing over Nora, I wrapped my arms around both of my kids for the first time; what a feeling!

And just like that, a big brother is born.
If you'd like to meet Calvin's little sister, check out her blog.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

He looks so proud to be a big brother. :)

Critter said...

He looks like he's ready to help out!! How exciting:)

Karin said...

Congratulations!! :)

Lindahl News 2 said...

How wonderful that now your family numbers FOUR!
Love and congrats to all~

Critter said...

Love the new look!!

Anonymous said...

awwww! congratulations cousin