Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Music Together

Grandma and Grandpa treated Calvin and me to a music class as a Christmas present. Our friends Tyler and Grant go, too.


Music Together is an early childhood development program that believes all children are musical; Calvin has made me a believer. There are nine semesters in all, our ten-week class is "Sticks".

During our 45-minute class we sing, play with instruments, music sticks, balls and scarves, and we move around a lot. I won't call it dancing, but I could. Our class consists of five boys and our wonderful teacher, Ms. Robin, knows how to keep their attention!

I wasn't sure what Calvin would do in a classroom setting, but he's doing great. The frequent movement allowed him to roam freely for the first few weeks (with independence encouraged by our teacher) and he has since settled in to experiencing the class with me. He sits on my lap while we're seated and wants to hold my hand while we're galloping around the room. I have to admit, I love it!

I expected the class to be fun, but have been surprised at Calvin's excitement. He's always happy to go, is fully involved in each song, and asks, "what's next, Mommy?" between songs.

Three cheers for music class! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what fun!