Saturday, December 15, 2007

Photo Shoot with a Nearly Two-Year-Old

I was looking forward to our Christmas picture this year. Calvin is nearly two and adorable, and I'm pregnant but it's not obvious to the naked eye. Plus, it could be our last Christmas photo as a threesome.

However, my mental image was far from reality. It seemed that holiday decorations set Calvin into motion. He would squirm and squint every time we were near a Christmas tree, dance and groove around lighted fireplaces.

Here are the results of an official attempt at a family picture:







For the record, I love these pictures. They capture Calvin's playful personality, but don't fully represent him ... you know, for those bizarre non-blog-followers who get only one picture a year.

So I found a shot we took on a hayride this past fall. See -- without a wreath in sight, he's as calm as a cucumber. And cuter than ever.

2 comments:

Lindahl News 2 said...

Thanks for posting all those adorable "rejects" which did truly capture your little wonder boy. I loved the one you chose, though. What an adorable GROWING family!

Critter said...

I know that situation all to well we have our set of pictures that didn't work out but all the same they are so cute. Nice try better luck next time:)