Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sir Mix-a-Lot

I try to involve Calvin in kitchen work as often as my patience permits. (Truly, it's easier without him.) This usually means that he splashes along beside me as I wash dishes. But tonight as I threw together some strawberry-rhubarb crisp, I thought Calvin might enjoy the process, too.

The ingredients (oatmeal, wheat germ, flax seed, quinoa, brown sugar, flour, nutmeg, and some chopped pecans) don't require precise measurements, especially since I've added half of them on my own, and dry ingredients allow easy clean-up for spillage.

It was a short-lived adventure, (dry ingredients don't take long to throw together), but it was long enough to take a couple of pictures for posterity, and nearly dump the bowl twice.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

fun (and yum)!

Lindahl News 2 said...

It's almost like Christmas when you make these multi-post "presents"!

Is there a Calvin Fan club I could join?

Cherith said...

I thought of you, Deb, as I posted these, though I tried to do it over several days to avoid the "sugar rush" of the full "candy bar".

The truth is, I get bogged down by a significant post (like Labor Day) which requires lots of detail and a link to addt'l pictures, but the cute, little stuff doesn't stop. So when I get over the Labor Day hump, the rest flows quickly and easily.

As for Cal's fan club, membership dues can be paid to "Calvin's College Fund". Hm ... that's not a bad idea .... :) xoxo

nardz16 said...

baby got back. predictable, i know, but i had to say it.

ps how do you get him to pose so well for pictures?

Marina said...

I LOVE the apron!