Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving

As the year passes and Calvin experiences annual celebrations, I have to wonder how much of these traditions actually sink in. I mean, did the bunny ears really clarify the meaning of Easter? Probably not, but I think they sufficiently marked the day.

We skipped the "Baby's First Thanksgiving" bib which left me wondering whether Calvin would remember his first official day to give thanks. (Read with great sarcasm.) Fortunately the turkey took hold and my handy camera captured Calvin experiencing the essence of Thanksgiving ... the aftermath. Priceless.

For the record: We celebrated Thanksgiving #1 at Grandma and Grandpa Caldwell's. Uncle Shane brought three colleagues from University of Chicago and three refugees from Iran also graced the table.

We found plenty for which to give thanks, and this little guy topped my list.

4 comments:

Esther said...

Aw-w-w...poor baby. This child needed a bed and I think he got one in short order as he went over the river and through the woods to Grandmother #2's house.

Anonymous said...

YEA!!! your back!!
How cute he is! He looks like all the others food and then a nap:)

Corin

Marina said...

You may have skipped the bib, but it looks like you have an awesome... what shall I call it?.. a "wetsuit" for eating, perhaps? With something like that on, looks like Calvin was able to safely brave the uncharted waters of a Thanksgiving meal.

Lindahl News 2 said...

We sure wish we could have been with you at Thanksgiving #2. As always, I love reading your posts and seeing pictures of the adventurous Calvin. Hopefully, we will see y'all soon...maybe at birthday #85???