Wednesday, June 21, 2006

On Solid Ground

At his four month check-up, our pediatrician said that Cal could start on solid food at any time. I found that he was still okay with a dairy diet for the moment, but within a few weeks he was asking for more.

A few days in Chicago provided the chance to test these new waters. I took some rice cereal with me and that went down so easily that I just had to try more. Ignoring the common practice of starting slowly, Calvin enjoyed banana, sweet potatoes, avocado, and pear before returning home again.

He took to the spoon very well, opening his mouth when presented with it. And he consumed most of what was offered with the help of his trusty thumb, which he sucked with such fervor we wondered if he thought it was providing these tasty treats!

Wanna see for yourself? http://www.vsocial.com/video/?l=34982

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious - I love it!!