Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Snow, Snow, and More Snow

This year, Calvin is experiencing the winters of his parents' youths. After years of meager accumulation, we haven't had this much snow ... well, ever, as it turns out.

Lucky boy. At every turn there are snow mountains to climb, sled hills to descend, snowballs to throw and, for little guys who like to help their fathers, plenty of snow to shovel.

In fairness, Dad uses a snowblower for the majority of the work, but does pull out a shovel from time to time. Especially when Cal arrives, shovel in hand, ready to help.

Just look at that form; he lifts with his legs!

5 comments:

Critter said...

I couldn't agree more with the title to this post. It seems like every day it's snowing. How cute that he wants to help and how good to be outside working hard with dad! Sorry I missed you and Cal at cracker barrell the other day it would have been great to see you both:( maybe another time:)

Marina said...

Do Cal's mittens stay on? I can't find a pair that would stay on Elijah's hands, or at least not well enough to be able to hold anything.

Cherith said...

Marina, not really. I can never get his thumbs in the right place, and he pulls them off even if I do. I tuck them into his sleeves, though, and holding something tends to help. ??

Marina said...

Yeah, the thumb is the biggest problem, and Elijah can't hold anything, which makes him want me to do all the playing, and he just sits there in the snow and watches. But there are only so many snow balls I can make for him before I myself lose interest. :)

Amanda said...

:) Cute! I have some pics of Nathan trying to hold the big shovel. So sweet when these little boys try to be like their daddies.