Saturday, April 08, 2006

Passing the Torch

My Grandma Caldwell was a special woman. In fact, her grand-daughters have talked of naming their own child after her. So it's fitting that when there's a new Grandma Caldwell on the block, she, too, is a woman worthy of a namesake.

Often behind the camera of the pictures featured on this site, my mother has been a behind-the-scenes source of wisdom throughout my life, and I continue to learn from her in my new role as mother. She has shown me how to slow down enough to appreciate the quiet details of a person -- even an infant -- and to find joy and beauty in these unique aspects.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the new and improved Grandma Caldwell.

2 comments:

Esther said...

At least one person in this picture doesn't feel much like a Grandma Caldwell. She was MUCH older, wasn't she? And MUCH, MUCH nicer!!

Nina said...

Yes, she was much older, but the current Grandma Caldwell's niceness rivals hers. Both are a blessing to everyone they encounter. Calvin is going to love Grandma Caldwell's marvelous adventures!